Re: tracking an application error

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:36:00 +0100

On 14 Mar 2003 12:59:05 -0800, gabo22003_at_yahoo.com (Gabo) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am having trouble with a VB application that has ORA-00942:table or
>view doesn't exit" error. I've given all of the tables & views public
>access and given public synonyms as well.
>
>I was trying to look through some Oracle database logs to see if I
>could find out the SQL statement that it was crashing on. Is there a
>way that I can set this up - & hopefully get better errors?
>
>Many Thanks!

Trace the affected session. Find the sid and the serial# from v$session and use dbms_sql.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid, sierial#, true)
The statement in error will have the line err=942 attached to it.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Mar 14 2003 - 15:36:00 CST