Re: Checking for uncommited transactions

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 23:11:24 -0600

On 13 Mar 2003, mail_ignored_at_web.de wrote:
> Do we share the same point?

No. I never want to have commits within databse stored code. I want the commits to come from the application. It seems as though some programming environment's default behaviors are to allow for database modifications within think-time. This means much code will be written this way. So, if the programming environment has this poor default behavior, then, the better solution would be to put the code on the database, inclusive of transaction management. But, this is still suboptimal to applications that have a well thought-out transaction management facility.

So, your statement of, "Keep all transaction management on the Server", is incorrect and should be prefaced with, when coding in a poorly programming language with poorly thought transaction management, ...

--
Galen deForest Boyer