Re: oracle & pro*c installed?

From: Chuckster <chuckycarson_at_networkcloud.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:08:02 -0800

Eric wrote:
> Hi,
> can anyone help as I am new to oracle,
> Are all the files automatically installed to run pro*c?
> or do I have to install additional files?
> I have Solaris8 X86 and Oracle8.1.7(Enterprise).
> I have just started DB at uni and would like to try the work at home.
> Thanks in advance
> Eric.

I am not 100% on this but I believe you must also perform the oracle client installation as well to get the Pro*C stuff. Normally pro*c development is not done on the same system as the database, so oracle configured the defaults this way.

I would first fire up the oracle installer and see. If it is not installed, point the installer to the products.jar file on the client installation media.

Hope this help,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 19:08:02 CST