Re: Oracle2PostgreSQL Migration with PL/pgSQL

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 15:20:24 -0800

Pablo Sanchez (pablo_at_dev.null) wrote:
: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in news:3E6F62B7.6597BC97
: @exesolutions.com:

: > I think it more likely people might move from MS Access to
: > PostgreSQL than from Oracle. Simply because you don't buy Oracle
: > unless you need it.

: I don't necessarily agree with the later. I think people want a
: secure DBMS that safely stores their information. They want to ensure
: that the product will be around and that they can find people to work
: in that arena. Of course they don't want to pay a lot of $'s across
: the board.

I know some installations that have deinstalled some of their oracle servers because of changes in license pricing. Oracle is still used, but fewer people get access, more people simply get precanned reports, or have to share/coordinate the limited on-line access. Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 17:20:24 CST