Re: View with a parameter

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 17:36:11 -0800

Yes. This is another alternative. Actually, there is a thread at Tom Kyte's website that discussed this issue (search for parameterized view), in which Tom suggested using a procedure that returns a refcursor. You can not put a procedure in the FROM clause like you can with a pipelined function. So you have to wrap it in an anonamouns block. But, according to the thread, the refcursor approach can be 8 - 10 times fatser than the pipelied function approach.