Re: Uninstall Oracle 9i???

From: Harvey Finberg <harvey.finberg_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:36:02 GMT

In article <a20d28ee.0303070409.4dd6e2ee_at_posting.google.com>, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl says...
> "SomeOne" <dont.spam_at_me.here> wrote in message news:<rDX9a.160445$na.2781200_at_news2.calgary.shaw.ca>...
> > How does one uninstall everything installed by the Oracle 9i Personal
> > Edition CDs under Windows XP?
> >
> > There are no icons to be found in the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
> > There are no Uninstall icons located in the start menu.
> >
> > The Oracle website does not detail this and trying to search for it on the
> > site turns up no help. I'm not having any luck with the provided
> > documentation either.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> There is a 'Remove' button on the first screen of the Oracle Universal Installer
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Depending on how thoroughly you want to remove Oracle on any Windows platform, you will have to go in and manually edit the registry. The Oracle installer does not do a good job of cleaning up after itself. Registry entries are left for Oracle_home and other keys.

Harvey Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 19:36:02 CST