Re: new to oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:08:50 +0100

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:53:15 -0600, david nathan katcher <dkatcher_at_students.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>I just installed oracle 9i database, and I am having trouble getting
>started with it. It came packaged with a textbook I bought. All I really
>need to do is create a database by bulk loading data, then extract info
>from that database into a c++ program. I believe I just need to use
>sqlplus. Whenever I try to open that or anything else for that matter, I
>keep getting asked for login names and passwords and hosts to connect to.
>But I haven't set up a login or anything like that. Any help just getting
>started would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Open your textbook and start reading it. Or the 'Getting started manual' or your teacher. Don't ask a newsgroup, which consists entirely of volunteers, to nanny you and take you by the hand, if you didn't do anything yourself.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Mar 11 2003 - 00:08:50 CST