Re: Checking for uncommited transactions

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 20:38:05 -0600

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003, flavio_at_tin.it wrote:

>> Or.. much simple and safer.. you simply rollback all data controls in
>> the form's destructor. After all, the user did cancel the form
>> without

> electing
>> to save the changes he made to the database.

> Well, in the reality my original question was regarding this point.
> Can I write a generic function returning a flag indicating whether
> there are uncommitted data so that I can ask the user if he wants to
> commit or rollback prior to quit?

If you lock the row with select for update (meaning, no other user can update it once its being worked on, then a changed date maintained by a trigger could be used. Your selected changed date known by the client, if different than the existing changed date would tell you that a particular row has been modified.

--
Galen deForest Boyer