new to oracle 9i

From: david nathan katcher <dkatcher_at_students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:53:15 -0600

I just installed oracle 9i database, and I am having trouble getting started with it. It came packaged with a textbook I bought. All I really need to do is create a database by bulk loading data, then extract info from that database into a c++ program. I believe I just need to use sqlplus. Whenever I try to open that or anything else for that matter, I keep getting asked for login names and passwords and hosts to connect to. But I haven't set up a login or anything like that. Any help just getting started would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 19:53:15 CST