Re: Help with Group By clause

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 00:43:20 GMT

> I seem to have gotten it working with (again simplified)
>
> SELECT C.CustomerID, C.Name, C.Address, COUNT(V.VisitID) as VCount
> FROM CustomerTable C, VisitsTable V
> WHERE C.CustomerID=V.CustomerID(+);
> GROUP BY C.CustomerID, C.Name, C.Address
>
> Is this the "correct" way to do it?

It seems reasonable. If it is correct is another issue. It is correct in that it raises no SQL error. But in order for a computer programm or sql statement to be correct, it is not sufficient to just be parsed without error but also always do what the user expects it to do. As I don't know what you expect the query to do, I am not in a position to say if it is correct.

hth

Rene Nyffenegger

--
  Projektleitung und Entwicklung in Oracle/C++/C# Projekten
  http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/cv.html