Re: Limiting IP address through the Listener.ora

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:16:31 GMT

aeaas_at_yahoo.com said...
> > No. You need to set up protocol.ora (Oracle 7 and Oracle 8.0) or
> > configure connection manager (Oracle 8i and higher). As you don't
> > mention your version, assuming people here are clairvoyant, it is
> > difficult to provide more adequate advice.
> >

> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
>
> we are running Oracle 9i, configure the connection manager?

You might find what you're looking for if you visit http://asktom.oracle.com and search for "protocol.ora" or "connection manager" (without quotes). There's some technical information on setting those up.

Of course, for pure reference material, you can always go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and search for the same thing.

You can also get quite a few hits by searching Google for them.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA