Re: Oracle2PostgreSQL Migration with PL/pgSQL

From: Justin Clift <justin_at_postgresql.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:56:26 +1030

DA Morgan wrote:
<snip>

> Please document where PostgreSQL is faster and/or scales better on a single
> server.

Sure, in many cases where people take the time and effort to tune the memory settings and setup their disks properly.

If you want specific examples, there are quite a few in the PostgreSQL Mailing List archives. :)

http://archives.postgresql.org

<snip>
> Which part of buy it ... and let it die of bengin neglect didn't come through
> clearly from
> the examples? People aren't encouraged to move from Fox to Access. Fox is just
> about invisible so the outcome is obvious.

Aha, sorry. I misunderstood the reference you were making here.

;-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Daniel Morgan