Re: Question on Database CharacterSet

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:34:48 +0100

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:24:10 +0800, "Mr. M" <someone_at_nospam.com> wrote:

>How can I convert the existing DB so that the original data can be used in
>the new DB? I have already tried to export the current DB and import to the
>new DB but that doesn't work!

8i isn't certified on XP. In this particular situation an ALTER DATABASE command should be sufficient, provided no one uses the database, and job_queue_processes and aq_processes has been set to 0. export import is also a valid solution. 'Doesn't work' leaves my crystal ball dark.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 23:34:48 CST