Help with Group By clause

From: Randy Harris <randy.harris_at_nospam.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 04:54:07 GMT

I believe this can be done, but I am SQL challenged and would appreciate help.

I need to return several fields and the count of related records in another table. It is simplified here:

CustomerTable

    CustomerID
    Name
    Address

VisitsTable

    CustomerID
    VisitID

This, of course, doesn't work, I think it needs a GROUP BY clause:

SELECT C.CustomerID, C.Name, C.Address, COUNT(V.VisitID) FROM CustomerTable C, VisitsTable V
WHERE C.CustomerID=V.CustomerID(+);

Thanks in advance for your help,

--
Randy Harris