Oracle 9i sequence + pre-insert forms trigger

From: Mary DeMilia <mary_at_demilia.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:36:15 GMT

Hey folks,

I created the following sequence:

CREATE SEQUENCE department_seq
INCREMENT BY 1 start with 1 maxvalue 99999 NOCYCLE;

then I created a pre-insert trigger in Oracle 9i Forms:

BEGIN -- Get the next value for DNUMBER from the -- department_seq sequence.  SELECT department_seq.nextval INTO :department.DNUMBER FROM dual;   END; When I connect and compile I get the following error:

Error 201 line 2, column 9
identifier 'Department_seq.nextval' must be declared Error 0 at line 2, column 2
SQL statement ignored

What is wrong? Is it the connect? HELP!!!! Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 10:36:15 CST