Re: Limiting IP address through the Listener.ora

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:29:43 +0100

On 7 Mar 2003 10:00:49 -0800, aeaas_at_yahoo.com (Matt Novinger) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if there is a way to specify the IP address(es) that can
>connect to Oracle through the Listener.ora file? I have been told it
>is through one of the directives, but do not know the syntax.
>
>TIA
>Matt Novinger

No. You need to set up protocol.ora (Oracle 7 and Oracle 8.0) or configure connection manager (Oracle 8i and higher). As you don't mention your version, assuming people here are clairvoyant, it is difficult to provide more adequate advice.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 12:29:43 CST