Re: Problem with procedure definition

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 19:40:16 +0300

Your stored procedure is invalid for obvious reasons:

VARIABLE, PRINT and CALL..INTO are SQL*Plus keywords, not PL/SQL keywords. Besides, your variable declaration is incorrect either - you should use VARCHAR2(size), not VARCHAR2[size].

The following should work in SQL*Plus:

SQL> var mystring varchar2(20)
SQL> call helloworld into :mystring
SQL> print :mystring