Delete the duplicated ones

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:16:37 -0500

I have tried with generic standard syntax to delete the duplicated rows. But something wrong here, that I did not delete correct number of duplicated row.
example:
with the table T( col1 varchar2(5), col2 varchar(2)); If I used the query of
delete from T t1

where t1.rowid <>                  <-- or use ">"
             ( select min(t2.rowID) from T t2
               where t1.col1 = t2.col1
               and t1.col2 = t2.col2) )

for original table T, I got 0 row delete. If I have 5 rows duplicated I should have 5 rows deleted. However, with known 5 duplicated, I got more than 5 rows deleted. This is on my 8.1.6 version on a NT 4 with one 550 MHz CPU. My table has 27 columns, one is an object type, some of the columns may have NULL value. And I did use the reference to compare the t1.referenced.variables of the object type. There was no duplicated row in the original table. Anyone has a good suggestion.

C Chang Received on Tue Mar 04 2003 - 23:16:37 CST