Meaning of Reverse index ?

From: Ginger Mall <bocgco_at_hongkong.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:13:58 +0800

I have read from books talking about "reverse index". I know it reverses the order of the key value. However I am not quite understand why this kind of arrangement could help the B-Tree index to be more efficient. Could anyone explain this to me ?

Thank you very much. Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 23:13:58 CST