Re: Generate a CRUD matrix

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:40:26 -0000

I would either

  1. do as I originally suggested and create a trace file with all the sql statements in it for the session and then write a parser that pulls out the access type and tables accessed from the raw sql.
  2. Use highly intrusive auditing for the system for all schema objects during a period of downtime when you have the only session. And then make triply sure you had turned it all off.

to enable auditing

1.create a nice large tablespace
2. move sys.aud$ to this tablespace. (and rebuild any indexes)
3. issue AUDIT SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE
     ON fully_qualified_object_name
     BY ACCESS
     WHENEVER SUCCESSFUL;

for each object.

4. run the session and fill your tablespace
5. turn off auditing
5. extract relevant info from aud$
6. truncate aud$.

having a test box to yourself will help since you really, really don't want to do this in a live environment

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA