Re: Get selected and missing records in a view

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 18:21:01 GMT

> Hi;
>
> I need your help in order to solve a problem. I will try to explain it the
> simplest i can.

I think it would be simpler of you sent an actual create table T(...) statement together with some representative insert into T ... statements.

Then also, give us an example of what exactly you need as result of that view.

> Let say i have a table T with 3 fields A, B, C.
>
> I have to make a view on this table with a condition on A, something like :
> select * from T where A in (a1, a2, a3);
>
> The problem is that the values given in the where conditions can not exist
> in the table. That is to say, that there are records with a1, a2 but for
> instance not with a2.

That's seems like a contradiction to me.

> What I want is that my views gives me back the following result :
>
> a1, b1, c1
> a2, null, null
> a3, b3, c3
>

> or
>

> a1, b1, c1
> a3, b3, c3
> a2, null, null
>

> There is another condition on this work : i can only read the table T and i
> can not make changes on it.
>
> So, is there an oracle genius to help me ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Jerome

Rene Nyffenegger

--
  Projektleitung und Entwicklung in Oracle/C++/C# Projekten
  http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/cv.html