Re: Generate a CRUD matrix

From: David FitzGerald <david_at_fitzg.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 05:16:15 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E5F96AA.3B7EC881_at_exesolutions.com>... s.com> wrote in message

> I'd correct you if I thought you wrong ... but in this case I think different
> people have read the request to be asking different things. It appears the OP
> should repost and clarify.

Sorry I wasn't as clear as I ought to have been -- I'm still very much new to Oracle, and if I try to get too detailed, sometimes I just get it plain wrong and confuse others even more!!

> Or at least let us know who did the best job of guessing the intent.

Niall Litchfield seems to have got pretty close, he said :

"Correct me if I'm wrong but running a sql trace on the session and then
TKPROF'ing it will give all the tables accessed during the session as originally requested. This is not the same as auditing, but it doesn't appear to be auditing that he is after."

This sounds like what I am after. However, I've played around with tkprof and it produces huge reports! Absolutely massive. I would simply want something along the lines of listing which tables had updates performed on them, and which tables had select's performed on them. No details of which columns the selects were performed on, or what was returned.

Would I need to set a trigger on each table (Am I right in thinking a trigger is something fired when the table is accessed?) and from this write out to file that a particular action has been taken on this table?

Thanks for the continued help,
David. Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 07:16:15 CST