Re: Viewing code in stored procedures and functions

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 2 Mar 2003 14:32:46 GMT

> "Chris ( Val )" <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au> wrote in message

>| "Chris ( Val )" <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au> wrote in message news:b3sp7g$1q1t95$1_at_ID-
>|
>| [snip question]
>|
>| Hi everyone, I found what I was after, and that was: ALL_SOURCE.
>|
>| I'm still interested in any good books though :-).

> DOH!.
>
> It didn't work after all. Silly me had an existing procedure
> which wasn't in a package. That's where the view of the source
> code came from.
>
> Any ideas ?.
>
> Cheers.
> Chris Val

Chris

You were nonetheless right about xyz_SOURCE.

select text from xyz_SOURCE where type = 'PACKAGE BODY' and name = '<package name>' and so on. Unfortunatly, it's not possible look at a specific procedure/function within the package without parsing the text of the package yourself (that is, I wouldn't know of a possibility). So, you can only look at the entire package.

hth

Rene Nyffenegger

--
  no sig today