Re: insufficient key column information

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:57:01 -0800

I found a suggestin to call the .edu method before the edit (I dont know if you are already doing that)...

There are a lot of references to thios on google, so search the web...

Also:

Alternatively the key column in sql server could be set to not null and you are trying to pass it null data or the datatype is wrong or the key is set to be unique

It is a known bug when updating an ADO recordset. It happens when the recordset is based on tables where the Primary Key of one table has the same name as a column name of the other table.

I have made sure to to keep the column names different... Yet I still am having this error when I call the Update method of my Recordset object. Using VB6 and SQL Server 7.0 SP1. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?