sqlldr: how to skip header records

From: Sönke Petersen <sk.petersen_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:42:46 +0100

Hello,

I'm "playing" with sqlldr to import csv files into Oracle. It's a hard way.
It seems that the pre-condition how an import file must look like so that sqlldr can import it are very restrictive.

Usually I leave a list of column names as the first record of a csv file. Relating on Oracle documentation one could skip such a header record by using the skip command within the control file.

I didn't work. I got the following error message:

    SQL*Loader-410: Number to skip must be load-level, not table-level

I used this control file:

load data
  infile 'hardware-1.csv'
  insert
  into table hardware_test
  skip 1
  fields terminated by ';' optionally enclosed by '"'   trailing nullcols
  (hardware_id,
  name,
  description,
  functions,
  status,
  manufacturer,
  model,
  serial_no
  )

I also tried different positions of the skip command. the error message remained the same.

Any idea what's the reason why?

Regards,
Sönke Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 05:42:46 CST