Re: Generate a CRUD matrix

From: David FitzGerald <david_at_fitzg.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 03:24:22 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> You can audit insert, update, and delete (triggers and audit). But
> select? You really don't want to go there.

I think you misunderstand slightly... I don't want to see every select, insert, undate or delte -- all I want to know is if that table was accessed whatsoever during a given session.

This is the scenario... I have a database which has loads of redundant tables, but I don't know which ones. I want to run a functional test and see what tables it needs to have populated. Once I have gone through all my functional tests I can drop tables which have had no activity on them whatsoever.

Because of the nature of the application, most of the table accesses are select's. So, if I could see that tables a, b, and d all had select's run against them, but table c did not I could then infer that table c is redundant.

Many thanks,

David. Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 05:24:22 CST