SQL Loader + ORA-01031

From: milan vallecha <milanvallecha_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 01:41:25 -0800

Hi All,

System : Windows 2000. Oracle Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production + SQL Loader

My database has the following table revolving around this problem: 1) TEMP   When I try to insert a ROW in the TEMP table. The following trigger is fired:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER delete_before_insert BEFORE INSERT ON temp
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
     DELETE FROM TEMP;
END;   The requirement is to empty/delete the existing row in the TEMP table. i.e. at any given point of time there should be only one row in the TEMP table.

The error message says:

SQL*Loader-926: OCI error while executing delete/truncate (due to REPLACE/TRUNCATE keyword) for table "POC"."TEMP" ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

When I execute the command :
DELETE FROM TEMP; at the SQL prompt, I do not get any error. However when this happens through the trigger, I get the above error.

Could anyone suggest me the privileges, We need to grant to this Oracle user to have sufficient rights to perform a DELETE through a trigger on the TEMP table ?

Would really appreciate a prompt reply.

TIA
Milan Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 03:41:25 CST