Re: Copy back-up data into an existing table

From: Alistair Thomson <alistair_at_despammed.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:17:09 -0000

Hi

Yes you can do this but you need to use the flag ignore=y (this tells the import to ignore the create table error - as it already exists - and continue loading the data). Watch out for any constraint violations eg primary key etc.

Incidentally, the rows=y flag means import or export the data contained in the table. rows=no just exports the table definitions.

Alistair