Re: Oracle 8i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:04:54 -0800

Nick wrote:

> scott and tiger will not work.
>
> I have the passwords to system and sys.
>
> I have tables already in an SQL file that I want to run, which directory do
> I copy it to? At uni its called scripts thought I cannot find it in this
> installation. I have tried various dirs that the docs off the website say
> should contain script but it tells me that it cannot find my file.
>
> --
> -----------
> Nick
> make mine a trebble ;o)
> -----------
> "SoulSurvivor" <markyg_7_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > user: scott
> > pass: tiger
> >
> > ?
> > You sound like a newbie, therefore i will not give you the default
> > passwords to SYS and SYSTEM yet incase you do damage :-)

> > "Nick" <goonerbloke_nospam__at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I just installed Oracle 8i that I downloaded from the site ages ago. I
> need
> > > to use the SQL Plus part but I can not find a user name or password
> anywhere
> > > on the CD.
> > >
> > > Could someone please give me a user name and password so that I can log
> in?
> > >
> > > TIA
My interpretation of your post is that you are about 99% of the way to making a huge mess out of an otherwise good Oracle database. Before you go any further run this query as SYS.

SELECT owner, object_name, object_type
FROM dba_objects
WHERE object_name IN ('first_object', 'second_object', '...');

replacing the elipses with other objects you think exist. If any are owned by SYS or SYSTEM you have already made a mess. If not ... log on as the owner of those objects.

And please follow Sybrand's advice. You appear to be very close to falling off the edge of the cliff.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 15:04:54 CST