Re: Disable Buffering

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:15:08 +0100

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:36:10 +0100, "Jörg Brenninkmeyer" <jbrenni_at_uni-muenster.de> wrote:

> But since I want to do some queries which are
>based on the same table _independently_ of each other, I must at least empty
>/ override the cache between those queries. Is there a way to do this
>automatically? Or do I have to do some queries on a completely different
>table?
>
>Thanks,
> Jörg

You REALLY don't know what you are talking about, do you?

Oracle has READ CONSISTENCY. Know what that means? EVERY QUERY will run INDEPENDENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to empty/override the cache is to BOUNCE the DATABASE!!

Please read the Oracle Concepts Manual.

There are nicer ways to end up in hell.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 12:15:08 CST