Re: Disable Buffering

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 09:31:49 -0800

  1. If you have lots of time and complete ownership of the database, shutdown and restart the database between queries.
  2. Otherwise, issue "alter system flush shared_pool" between each query (only if there's no one else using the database please).

If I were you, I'd instead run each query twice, and keep the stats from the second run only. That way, you would only time the soft parse, not the hard one and the physical i/o. To answer your question, there's no way to tell Oracle to bypass the cache.

Daniel Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 11:31:49 CST