Re: good guess for final record number in SELECT?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:09:42 GMT

You could do an explain plan and Oracle might give you an estimate, but otherwise no. You would have to count the records then retrieve trhe data (which wil dramatically slow things down). See asktom.oracle.com for a discussion of this.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure