Disable Buffering

From: Jörg Brenninkmeyer <jbrenni_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:12:24 +0100

Hello,

I want to run performance tests on an Oracle DB using JDBC in order to evaluate different methods of data storation. Since every query should be repeated a certain number of times for statistical reasons, and many queries are similar, buffering would really mess up the results. That's why I want to disable buffering.

I already tried to set the size of the buffering space to zero, but Oracle doesn't let me choose values smaller than 4 MB. Is there a flag to make Oracle not use the cache? Or any other possibility?

Thanks for any help,
 Jörg Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 21:12:24 CST