Re: pl/sql tables memory usage

From: Anton Yulo <anton_yulo_at_genealogy.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 11:04:13 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E57C939.D403F4D8_at_exesolutions.com>...

> It seems highly unlikely that this table is the issue if you are using it
> as you seem to be. Can you provide the structure of the table and the
> number of rows? If so ... why not a simple byte calculation. But, as I
> indicated, I highly doubt this is the issue. Though you might want to look
> at your initSID.ora parameters.
>
> To find your Oracle version ...
>
> SELECT version
> FROM v_$instance;
>
> Daniel Morgan

oops. thanks. my ver is 8.1.7.3.0.

the table is defined:
TYPE custdate_rec IS RECORD(

   custdate DATE,
   custdatesource NUMBER);
TYPE date_buffer_table IS TABLE OF custdate_rec INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
DateBuf date_buffer_table;

the number of rows i reached before hitting the exception was 180,206. do you know what the max sizes of variables with type DATE and NUMBER are? I don't have any Oracle Reference material on me so am unsure.

is there a way the process that is running to programatically determine how much memory is still available to use? Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 13:04:13 CST