DBCA Gotcha

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:09:57 -0000

For various reasons I had to remove a 9i release 2 database today, which had originally had its creation scripts created by DBCA so they lived in $ORACLE_BASE\ADMIN\$DB_NAME\scripts, prior to recreation. I now see the rationale for all those db templates as the act of using DBCA to remove the database and datafiles also removes the creation scripts,init.ora etc etc from the server. I'd suggest if you do use DBCA to create your scripts/databases for you then you also either create a template from the db once you are happy with it or else copy the scripts elsewhere.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA