Don't know where to begin

From: Carol <google_at_cmclark.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 08:15:15 -0800

I am with a court appointed firm attempting to reconcile claims in bankruptcy. Part of that process requires that I go into our Oracle database and retrieve Accounts Payable information. The database is no longer supported by Oracle, there is no one left with the bankrupt company who knows how to do anything with it, and the report writer for the AP tables will not print.

We are hoping to be able to export all the data to another database or even to a spreadsheet. We'll settle for text! I have instructions from Oracle on how to do an SQL query to format any export in "flat" condition, ie, giving instructions on inserting tabs or commas to create a delimited file.

My main problem is, I'm using SQL Plus software, an Oracle editor (?), and it keeps telling me NOTHING IN SQL BUFFER TO RUN. I pulled up the database in oracle that I'm trying to extract from, but that didn't help. I then "spooled" it from the SQL page, and while the next command didn't do anything, at least it didn't tell me there was nothing in the buffer.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what I need to do to access from SQL?

Thanks,

Carol Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 10:15:15 CST