Re: Oracle 8i: how to do a full import to the same database?

From: Donovan R. <mdonovan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:36:20 -0500

The shortest way is to drop the application users(not the ones created by oracle like sys, system, outln ..) with cascade option, and recreate them before the import, because if the users did not exists some import versions will create them on the system tablespace. So you better already have the users an the tablespace on the database before doing the import. You can create a script to produce the script you will use for users creation.