Re: more confusion with debugging

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:59:38 +0200

Gillian Klee wrote:

> "Alex" <atnite_at_freemail.ru> wrote in message
>

>>"Gillian Klee" <gillian_klee_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>>>Hi again,
>>>
>>>I've now tried putting System.out's in my Java stored procedure, and
>>
> doing

>>>call to dbms_java.set_output() in SQLPlus. However, I'm not getting any
>>>output - below is what I type into SQLPlus, could someone please tell me
>>>where I'm going wrong?
>>>
>>>SQL> set serverout on
>>>SQL> call dbms_java.set_output(5000);

Actually Gillian,
I enter the following two commands at the start of my SQL*Plus sessions:

set serveroutput on size 1000000
exec dbms_java.set_output(1000000)

As far as I know, one million (1,000,000) is the maximum allowable size.

By the way, this is documented in the Oracle "Java Developer's Guide". I don't remember seeing any mention of what Oracle version you are using, so here is a link to the relevant documentation for the version I am using:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/java.817/a83728/04jserv5.htm#1008235

[Actually, this is part of the chapter entitled "Debugging Server Applications"]

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 02:59:38 CST