Re: Simple oracle trigger

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:54:24 -0800

FB wrote:

> I have a technical exam and need help with some oracle questions! I
> would be really grateful for help especially on writing a simple
> trigger as in question 8
>
> 8. Write separate triggers for Oracle and Microsoft SQLServer that
> will set
> 'ZIP_YN' to '0' if 'ZIP_CODE' is empty and set 'ZIP_YN' to '1' if
> 'ZIP_CODE'
> has a value when a record is added or modified.
>
> 4. In Oracle 8i, which command will delete all data from a table and
> will
> not write to the rollback segment?
> a. Drop
> b. Delete
> c. Cascade
> d. Truncate
>
> 5. Select the VALID trigger types in Oracle 8i
> a. AFTER statement trigger
> b. INSERT row trigger
> c. DELETE row trigger
> d. UPDATE row trigger
>
> 6. In Oracle 8i, which of the following contains the records of all
> transactions that occur in the database and plays an essential part in
> database recovery?
> a. Control files
> b. Datafiles
> c. Parameter file
> d. Redo log files

Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com.
Select Oracle 8.1.7
Enter as your search criterion "TRIGGER".

As the instructor at the University of Washington Oracle Application Certificate program I can assure you that I am not the only instructor that read your post. If you are not willing to invest the effort required to master the material do yourself, your instructor, and your future employers the favor of dropping the class. I have no objection to you asking for help ... we gladly help students. But asking someone to write a simple trigger for you? Over the line.

Daniel Morgan
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 10:54:24 CST