Re: Can we upgrade oracle 8i to 9i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:42:45 -0800

Jay wrote:

> HI
> I have oracle 8i personal installed on my computer. Is it possible to
> upgrade it to 9i without going through the hassle of uninstalling and
> installing. If so could you please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jay

Only if you don't care about wasting 800MB of disk. Just install 9i into a new Oracle home and upgrade the database as described in the installation documents. Be sure to also pay attention to instructions with respect to working with multiple homes.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 10:42:45 CST