Re: "order siblings by" problem with Oracle 9.0.1.1

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:18:45 +0300

OPEN FOR is part of Dynamic SQL, and as such goes through SQL engine, so it works ok at the expense of an extra soft parse each time the procedure is executed. Personally, I skipped 9.0.1 altogether and started my 9i experiments with 9.2 - and generally I wasn't disappointed despite some frustrating bugs and the fact that 9.2.0.2 is "mandatory patch set" for XDB and Streams features (which probably means "don't even try them with 9.2.0.1"...) Amount of new [extremely welcome] features in PL/SQL and everywhere else is amazing.