How to completely UNDO a failed installation of Oracle 9i ?

From: Harry Bakker <Harry.Bakker_at_nl.abnamro.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 04:34:13 -0800

I tried to install Oracle 9i onto my laptop, but this took so much time that I decided to abort installation. Unfortunately abortion didn't work either so I killed the program alltogether. Next, I tried to install Oracle 8.1.7 which installed fine according to a collegue of mine, but this didn't work either. The Oracle Installer for 8.1.7 refuses to install anything, and just quits after I press the Install button. However, Oracle 8.1.7 DID install fine on my regular PC.

Now I'm thinking that the aborted 9i installation session left some information behind on my laptop that caused 8.1.7 not to install anything. Does anyone know how to completely undo an installation of Oracle 9i?

Thanks in advance,

-Harry Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 06:34:13 CST