SQL Loader

From: andrew <a_g_pears_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 03:00:17 -0800

I am attempting to load ASCII data files (created from SQL server using bulk  copy) into an oracle (v8.0) database. The problem is with long datatypes -  some contain carriage returns so the loader assumes that the record is  finished when it is not. The data file is tab delimited, and the long  datatypes are of variable length. I am using a DOS system so the "VAR"  option does not appear to help - and anyway, I need to use specify trailing  nulcolls. It is not possible to enclose the offending datatypes in quotes  and I need to preserve the carriage returns in the datatypes. I have no idea  what characters will in the future be found in the datatypes so inserting a  dummy character to mark a carriage return and then later using SQL to  re-insert the carriage return is risky. Do you have any suggestions of how  to overcome this problem?

Thanks! Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 05:00:17 CST