Oracle 9iAS Server Configuration Suggestions

From: Ian Stephenson <ian_stephenson(_at_).hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:11:47 +1100

I am having difficulty finding information on the Oracle site regarding a suitable server configuration to run Oracle 9i, 9iAS and Portal. I'm limited in the O/S platform which can be supported internally to MS Server 2000 - sadly no Unix. There is a link on the Oracle site back to HP/Compaq however the solution for Portal only specifies a single server. What about application & database servers? Also, I'm unsure whether the caching server is a necessity and if so what sort of specification. The number of concurrent users is initially expected to be 200 however this may grow. I have approached our local Oracle sales rep and also a local vendor for comment but would value your opinions based on fact rather than as a potential sale. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Cheers,
Ian

--
Ian Stephenson
(Please remove brackets around @ when replying)

"Me?  I'm just a lawn mower.  You can tell me by the way I walk."