Re: MIN and MAX Query

From: Matty <matt_at_slippeddisk.fsnenegspamt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:17:34 -0000

Hi Again

Thanks for all the replies but I must be doing something stupid cos I get errors in them all.

The result I am looking for from the table is as follows:

ENAME SAL

KING       5000
SMITH      800

But I either get an "error (select max(sal) from emp)" on the different solutions, or get a complete list of all employees with two cols of sal!!!

As I understand it the follwoing gives a complete list

SELECT ENAME, SAL
FROM emp;

I now need the WHERE statement for where SAL is at its highest and lowest. Can u please help as this is starting to bug me!!

BTW I am using Premium Soft MySQL Studio.

Please help!!!!

Matty