Returning doesn't work in SPs?

From: Claus Scherschel <claus_scherschel_at_operamail.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 19:52:28 GMT

Hi NG

That's strange: I've written an SP (not the first one) that inserts some data and returns the primary key value into a variable

insert into .... returning KEYFIELD into MyVariable;

Well, the procedure compiles valid, but calling the SP from the database frontend ends in:

933 S1000: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00933: SQL-Befehl wurde nicht korrekt beendet ORA-06512:

Command not terminated correcty? I'm sure it is.

I've got other SPs doing pretty much the same working fine. Does any one have an idea, what's going wrong?

Regards, Claus. Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 13:52:28 CST