Re: Newbie needs help

From: Michael Gruetzner <Michael_Gruetzner_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:27:22 +0100

Karsten Farrell wrote:

> Since "row cache objects" are related to latches, how much SGA (System
> Global Area) is reported when you "startup nomount"? It looks like your
> SGA might not be large enuf. Is that really all you have in your
> initdb1.ora file (db name and control files)? No SGA sizing info?

Of course I have more than just db name and control files im my initdb1.ora. Here is what I get when I execute "startup nomount"

Total System Global Area 	42741800 bytes
Fixed Size			  450600 bytes
Variable Size			41943040 bytes
Database Buffers		  204800 bytes
Redo Buffers			  143360 bytes

In my initdb1.ora I uncommented the "small" values to save system recources.

Michael Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 03:27:22 CST