Re: newbie: debugging Java stored procedures

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 20:00:49 -0800

"Gillian Klee" <gillian_klee_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<YPO4a.4356$Vx2.393024_at_wards>...
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone know if there's a way to debug Java stored procedures? I have a
> trigger that fires on a certain condition in the database, which calls this
> procedure. Neither have errors, but nothing happens when my trigger
> condition occurs.
>
> Is there a way to tell 1. if my trigger fired, 2. if it called my stored
> procedure and 3. if my stored procedure attemted to execute?
>
> Thanks,
> Gillian

How are you calling your java procedure?

To debug trigger, use dbms_output.put_line() in your trigger code. To debug java procedure, Use System.out.println() in your java code.

To be able to print error stack in sqlplus, SQL> set serverout on
SQL> call dbms_java.set_output(5000);
before invoking trigger.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 22:00:49 CST