Re: Using SQL* Loader to load inline CLOBs, getting error

From: Travis Bryant <tbryant_at_chevrontexaco.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 08:37:25 -0800

Originally the exact same data file was used to load into a table where the datatype of the column in question was a LONG, not a CLOB. Thus, in the control file, we could specify position(33) and VARCHAR as the datatype and it would read all the way to the end of the line. There were never newline characters in the html so no need to worry about that. We may have to load the html from a second file but we're trying not to change the file format because it is an interface from another system and we're trying to minimize changes to that system.

Thanks,
Travis