Re: sqlldr: any way to read unicode data files?

From: Vasileios Lourdas <Vasileios.Lourdas_at_eurodyn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:09:49 +0200

Hi.

In pre-v.9 Oracle versions, varchar2(20) is the placeholder for 20 bytes, not 20 characters. In post-v.9 versions, i think that there is a initialisation parameter for init.ora, that "instructs" Oracle to hold enough space for 20 characters (and not 20 bytes) for a corresponding varchar2(20) field, effectively making this field to be of variable actual size (in bytes).

Regards,
Vasilis